Friday, July 3, 2009

Transformed



I'm procrastinating. There's VBS materials piled to the ceiling, and t-shirts covering the floor. Jamie and I go with 26 others to the village of Yobain in Mexico tomorrow. It's the same trip Jamie's taken the last few years, and this year we have the opportunity to go together, thanks to my sister Leah and brother-in-law, Ben. This summer we've been serving as semi-interim youth leaders for the senior high as we've been in transition. Our current community is teenagers, and God is using them to change our lives. I was listening to something this morning, and was reminded that there is no third option...in this world we will either be conformed or transformed. As we've watched heartache and brokenness in numerous areas of our lives over the last couple of years, we've realized it's not the monumental decisions that dominantly make the difference, though they contribute. It's a daily, moment by moment commitment to a lifestyle of life-to-life ministry that changes lives for the kingdom. But more essentially, these small choices remind Jamie and me of our nothingness before God, his ultimate holiness, and leave us desperate at the cross. Our hearts have been stirring since about this time last year. There's been a nagging aching that's only grown, and it's beautiful, because I'm consistently aware that I was not made for this world. Though my body and ministry are here, my heart and soul are to be of another world. So I'm learning to pray that I will never be "happy" here, but that I will continually be formed, and from where I sit, that hurts. Pray for us to have teachable hearts in Mexico, pray for the transition of leadership, pray that God would shake us, make us uncomfortable, and changed. Thank you for supporting us financially and in prayer. Love you.

Catie

1 comment:

Sara said...

I don't know if you will see this comment anytime soon, but I just wanted to say that it was fun to see you today and we enjoyed visiting your church! Hope to see you again soon.