Saturday, September 1, 2007

First Weekend of Football!



Friday, I entered the elevator at the doctor's office. A woman looked at my stomach, smiled and said, "How sweet. This must be your first."

I smiled and replied, "Actually it's my third."

Her face changed to something I've come to recognize, as she said, "Well, so this is probably your last."

"We're actually going for 10 in 10 years," I replied, "but we're running about six months behind. I smiled and walked quietly walked off the elevator.

No, it wasn't the dream "Christ-like" response. It was a reply from a 36-week pregnant woman, who looked for a parking place for 30 minutes to sit in the doctor's office for five. But it did get me thinking about how often people's faces change from joy to sympathy, simply over how many children I have. Then, I began to wonder if that is also a message I communicate through my actions and interactions with others. Because if I'm honest, there isn't a greater joy the Father could give me, than what I am doing now.

Enjoy the first weekend of football! Roll Tide!

8 comments:

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

I'm laughing so hard cause I can just picture you saying that to the lady. Your boys are just so cute! Love you!

Unknown said...

i basically had the same conversation yesterday! people seem to be excited if it's your first and seem to think you are "crazy" if it's your third!
well...i hope your last few weeks go well

Camille said...

You're so quick, especially to be at 36 weeks! I always think of good responses about 15 minutes too late (and that's when I'm not preg).
I love that you have a blog - I'm so glad to be able to hear what's going on!
Love you! ROLL TIDE!

Our Philosophy said...

Hilarious! I'm like Camille-I think of the witty things to say way too late.

The Powells said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Powells said...

Catie - your humor always makes me laugh!!! Good luck in your final days!

The Powells said...

Catie, you always know what to say, you crack me up! I hope the delivery comes sooner than later!

Haley said...

Catie, I bet you have had #3 by now! Cant wait to see pictures. Your boys are cutie pies. I am here through Rachel's blog and am so glad I found you. Kevin my husband is still at WAKM and what you told me at Julia's baby shower (the last time I saw you) is true, they are working him so hard! So good to check in on your family! Haley D. Lively